Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weeks 1, 2, and 3!!

Hello all!  It has been a while since I updated this!!  Things have obviously gotten a little crazier for us around here so I'm finally starting to get a routine together and get more things done.  If you haven't heard, here is the story of how Graham arrived...

We had our 40 week appointment on Monday, August 1st.  Following that appointment we scheduled the day to induce (which was going to be Thursday, August 4th).  We went to bed like normal on that Monday night, and at about 3:45am Tuesday morning my water broke while laying in bed.  I think our exact conversation was:

Megan- "Brian, I think my water just broke." Brian- "How do you know?"  Megan- "Turn the light on and look!" Brian-"Oh my gosh that's a lot of water!!!!" (we have since bought all new bedding!)

Of course we didn't have our bags packed or anything, so we raced around and packed a bag.  We were out the door by 4:15am and to the hospital by 4:30am. 

At 11:45am, I was starting to be in a lot of pain and had asked for an epidural.  The nurse checked to see how dilated I was before giving me the epidural and that's when we realized the little stinker was breach!  They did an ultrasound to confirm and next thing we knew, we were scheduled for a c-section at 3:00pm that day.


Just a few seconds in the real world!

A little more relaxed!

Grandma Bormann was in Memphis just 15 hours after Graham was born! 

All ready to go home from the hospital!

Grandma Schuneman flew in for a visit after we got home from the hospital.

Go Panthers!

Our new little family :)

Great Grandma Bormann made this awesome quilt for me!

Grandpa Bormann drove down for a visit!

Aunt Lin and I were best buddies!

Most comfortable place in the world!

Mom is pretty cozy too!

Their last day in Memphis.

So precious!

Hanging out while Mom does some cleaning.

I love my puppies!!

Look how I can lift my head already!

My first real bath, finally a bath without constant crying!  That's progress!


I hope you enjoy the pictures.  I promise to update this more frequently.  Graham is 1 month on Tuesday, so I will be posting pictures then!!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the pictures and update. The story of Graham's birthday is precious. All three of you look great!! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete