Monday, February 21, 2011
17 weeks
17 weeks and going strong! The baby is now the size of an onion or your palm spread open. Some interesting facts about the baby's development for the week are that he/she is now starting to store fat and his/her skeleton is hardening. The fingernails are fully formed and the baby's fingerprints and toeprints have formed!
I am doing great. I used to feel sick in the evenings, but that has started to subside! I feel great and have a lot of energy during the day. By the time the evenings come, I wiped out though!! One of the toughest adjustments I have had to make is how I sleep at night. I am used to sleeping on my back or belly and you can't do either of those at this point in the pregnancy. For the past few weeks I have had to learn to sleep on my side ALL NIGHT LONG and that has been tough. I wake up very often with a sore side and have to continue to flip over and switch sides. I know sleeping is just going to get more and more uncomfortable with the bigger I get...oh well, it's all going to be worth it :) Brian is doing well also, he has a feeling that we are having a girl and I feel like we are having a boy. We will find out next week! I think he's been having lots of restless nights also with me moving a lot! This way we are getting ready for those late night feedings with less sleep! I have been feeling little fluttering movements the past week and Brian is excited for the kicking to become stronger so he can feel it from the outside.
My 95-year old grandma (my mom's mom) is very sick and will probably not make it much longer, so this has been a very hard week for the Bormann family. If everyone could say a prayer for her, we would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
Much love from the Petersens!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are looking great!! Even though I know all of the baby facts, I love reading them and knowing exactly what is happening. I like the way you spoke of Grandma and the prayers needed too.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
you are beautiful megs! :) i also love to hear the baby facts! :) much love and prayers to your grandma! tell BP i say hi!
ReplyDelete