Today we are officially 15 weeks along. The time has gone by really quickly! My weekly email update says that the baby is the size of a naval orange and all four of his/her limbs have functional joints! That means I'm going to start feeling the kicking movements in a few weeks!
We had our 14 week doctor appointment last Thursday and everything went really well. The doctor was able to hear the baby's heart beat with the hand held doppler this time. He found the heartbeat instantly so he said that means the baby is developing at the right pace and is not smaller than predicted. Our next appointment is Wednesday, March 2nd and that is the big ultrasound appointment where he can check developmental progress and we can tell if the baby is a boy or a girl!!! Any predictions??
Brian gets more and more excited as the weeks progress! He told his fellow teachers at his elementary school on Friday and they are all excited for us. He is anxious to feel the kicking! I'm nervous about the transition into parent life, but he says he's not at all! I think he has been ready for this for a long time :)
As for me...my tummy is getting progressively larger! I am able to wear my normal dress pants with a belly band and all my jeans still fit since they fasten bellow my belly...thank goodness! I am still wearing my pre-pregnancy shirts, although some of them are getting stretched out in the belly region. I will be online ordering maternity tops today!! If anyone knows where to find cheap maternity clothes...please share! I will have Brian take a picture of me tonight and post it soon so you can see how big I'm getting!
I have my residency interview this Friday morning...kind of nervous about it. Lin and Adam will be here real late Thursday night, so we have something to look forward to this weekend...YAY! We LOVE visitors!!!! We miss everyone and hope you all are doing well!! Love you!
Bri and Meg - We could not be happier for you two! Much love from the Heimers!! Thanks for the updates on the blog - very exciting!!
ReplyDelete