Monday, March 28, 2011

22 Weeks...flying by!!


Wow!  22 weeks have come and gone and I feel like we just found out we were pregnant a few weeks ago!  I think this summer will be a long one though...7-9 months pregnant in the Memphis heat!!  That 110 degree weather is going to be rough!  We will surely get through it though :)

Baby Facts:
He is now the size of a papaya!  Average length is 10.5 to 11.5 inches and weight is 13-16 ounces.  His fingernails are almost fully grown.  His lips are formed as well.  He is developing his first canines and molars below his gumline.  His face is now fully formed.  Blood is traveling through his umbilical cord at a rate of 4 mph.  He is now settling into a sleep cycle - snoozing 12-14 hours per day! 

I am still feeling great!  I got rid of my sinus cold a few days ago!  Whew - I felt like I was sick for an eternity!  They really need to come up with some cold medicine safe for pregnant folks!  We have our next doctor appointment this Thursday at 9:30 am.  We have another ultrasound scheduled, so we are excited to see our baby again!

Update on my sister's baby:
Peyton was able to go home on Saturday, March 26th!!!  Her hospital stay lasted a week.  Everyone is doing well and they are all happy to be home again!  Since Alison delivered Peyton in Mason City, she never left the hospital.  Thanks for all the prayers!!

Have a great week everyone!
Brian and Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment