Monday, April 4, 2011

23 weeks down...17 to go!

 


Hello family and friends!  I hope everyone had a good weekend!  I had my last round of Boards on Sunday morning...whew, it is finally over!  I had 4 different exams on 4 different patients and was being graded and timed by 4 different unknown examiners (none of the faculty at my school are allowed to grade due to the fact that they know all of us).  This last part of Boards was about 2 hours, so that wasn't so bad considering Part I was 16 hours and Part II was 8 hours!  I won't find out my score until the end of June, but it feels really good to be done!  Now I can solidly focus on GRADUATION in May!!!  Woohoo!

Baby Facts for the week:
He is once again the size of a Papaya!?  I'm a little disappointed...I like to see a different fruit every week, but as long as he isn't getting any smaller, I'm good!  He has been kicking a lot more lately!  My alarm went off this morning and I laid in bed for about 20 seconds before I felt the biggest kick I have felt so far (and it wasn't from Brian)...I took that as my cue that baby Pete wanted me to get up and get my day started!!

We had our 22 week appointment last Thursday and they did 2 ultrasounds.  The first time he was in a bad position for taking pictures (the nurse called him "naughty" and I thought, "oh here we go - the naughtiness has already begun!"  Lol!), so we saw the doctor and then had another ultrasound before we left - thankfully he had rolled over in the meantime!  He weighed 1 lb. and 3 oz. at that ultrasound!  According to my weekly emails, he is about 10.5 to 11.8 inches long and can be compared to a box of sugar or bag of coffee beans.  He is now growing muscles and sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples - haha!

Thanks to Brian's mom and step dad, Glori and Kenny, we have a beautiful crib on order!!  It should be here in less than 2 weeks!  Thanks for the early shower gift!!!  We are both very excited to start getting his room ready!!

That's all for this week!  I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love,
Brian and Megan

1 comment:

  1. You are so stinkin' cute! Glad to hear everything is going great! Can't wait to meet Baby Pete! He will be here before we know it! Lookin' good Megs! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete