Monday, April 11, 2011

24 weeks!!


Happy Monday!  So every time I post a picture, I feel like I look the exact same as the previous picture!  I honestly think I look larger in person than in the pictures.  The camera is supposed to add 10 pounds too!  Anyways...I am still feeling great and have no complaints!  This pregnancy seems to be going smoothly thus far!  Our next appointment isn't until April 28th, and that will be my first appointment without Brian!  I look forward to each and every appointment like it's my birthday or something!!!

Baby Facts for the week:
Once again the size of a Papaya!  Geez!  I am excited for the fruit to change!  Average weight is 1 lb. 1/4 oz. and length is 8 1/2 inches from head to rear end - the length of the baby is compared to a banana.  His skin is less translucent due to capillaries being formed under his skin, giving it a pinkish hue and pigment being deposited in his skin cells.  His body is fairly wrinkly due to the fact that his body is making his skin more quickly than the fat to pad underneath the skin.  Also, this is the time that the baby may start experiencing hiccups!

For those of you wondering about me and Brian's plan for next year...
I just recently received word that I was accepted into the SCO primary care residency position that I applied for.  They are fully aware that I am pregnant and due in the beginning of August.  My residency will start July 1, 2011 and go to July 31, 2012.  Brian will keep his 3rd grade teaching job at Altruria Elementary School which he really loves!  We are both very excited to know what the fall holds for us and are especially looking forward to meeting our new addition to the family!

Have a wonderful week!
Brian and Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment