Monday, April 25, 2011
26 weeks and going strong!
Happy Monday everyone!! Today we are 26 weeks along and I can hardly believe it! Brian and I were talking last night about how we really only 3 months left of our life being just the two of us. Considering April 13th marked our 12 year anniversary since we started dating, I think we are ready to add to our family :) We have had plenty of time getting to know each other and sometimes I think we know each other better than we know ourselves! We had a great Easter weekend! The Memphis Grizzlies played their 3rd play-off game in Memphis on Saturday night and we had tickets to the game! We have been to several Grizzly games, but this game by far had the best atmosphere! The FedEx Forum was packed and there were only a handful of Spurs fans in the building! Memphis hasn't been so good in the past, so a lot of times half the Forum is cheering for the opposing team. To make the game/night even better, THEY WON!!! We are now up 2-1 against the Spurs in this series! Beale Street was packed prior to and following the game! It was a great night to be out on the town in Downtown Memphis!! They play another home game tonight - GO GRIZZ!! He was extremely active during the basketball game - the Forum was so loud that he was constantly jumping at all the noises! After we got home around 11:00, I didn't feel any movement again until about 9:30 the next morning which I thought was unusual. Then I remembered he must have needed to sleep in after his late night!!
Baby Facts for this week:
Baby Pete is an eggplant for the second week in a row. I think the bump.com is running out of fruits to compare him to, so we have to have repeat weeks! Average weight is around 2 pounds. From weeks 20-28 he will double in height. If he could stand he would be about a foot tall. All of his 5 senses are either fully developed or almost fully developed and his eyes are even beginning to open! All babies are born with blue eyes and it takes a couple months to change color if they are going to change. Apparently if you flash a bright light at my belly he might react to it...we have yet to test this out! He is soaking up my antibodies, getting his immune system ready for life outside the womb.
My next doctor appointment is this Thursday, April 28th. I always look forward to these appointments, even though there is no ultrasound this time. Not much else to tell you for the week! I hope everyone has a great week and end of the month of April! I can't believe it will be May starting next week! Graduation is rapidly approaching...woohoo!!
Love,
Brian and Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment