Wednesday, May 25, 2011

30 Weeks...10 to go!


Here I am at my 30 week mark.  I am still feeling pretty darn good, although the back pain has started setting in.  I had to invest in a good heating pad to relax my back muscles.  We just had our 30 week doctor appointment yesterday and everything is still looking good!  The baby's heartbeat was strong at about 150 beats per minute.  His head is down by my pelvis and his hips and rear end are by my belly button with his legs going across my stomach!  We both can't believe that in roughly 2 months we will have a baby!  Crazy!  Baby Pete's room is getting close to being done!  I inherited my grandmother's glider chair and my parents had it recovered for us and brought it down to Memphis when they came for my graduation!  What a pleasant surprise!  Not a day has gone by that I haven't sat in it!  I love it!

Baby Facts:
Baby Pete is the size of a squash.  He weighs roughly 3 pounds and is about 17 inches long.  His brain is getting bigger and can now regulate his body temperature.  He no longer needs the soft baby hair, lanugo, that has been helping to keep him warm, so he has started shedding that hair.


This is a picture at our baby shower that Brian's school put on for us.  This is one of our favorite gifts of the day!  We got some amazing gifts, but the cyclone onesie with matching pants that reads "Cyclones" across the rear end stole our hearts!  The flowers behind us were even Cyclone colors!  Man, do they know us well or what!?


Here is a picture of his fellow 3rd grade teachers who put on this baby shower for us!  They made all the food, punch, cake, decorations, invitations, etc.  It was amazing all the work they put into making this a special day for us!  (Sorry these pictures are so small...when I try to enlarge them, they get really fuzzy!)


Most of you know that this past weekend I graduated from Optometry School here in Memphis.  It was a day I have been looking forward to and dreaming about since I started my four years at UNI.  I knew I wanted to be an Optometrist since high school thanks to Drs. Schuchert and Klepper!  This is Mom, Dad, Brian and I at the Awards Banquet the night before graduation.  I was lucky enough to have my parents, husband, and all my in-laws with me that night!  It meant a lot to me to have everyone there!


Me getting "hooded" at Commencement!  Baby Pete can always say he walked across the stage with mom when she became a doctor :)


Me receiving my diploma from the President, Dr. Phillips.

Below are some more graduation pictures...






Kim and Carter were also here to support me, but my picture of us is extremely blurry!!  I will post one of them next week after I get Kim to send me one of her pictures!


These are two of my best friends at SCO, Mark Schaeffer (left) and Blake Rust (right).

1 comment:

  1. wow!! i cant believe your already 30 weeks! thats awesome! looove the pics you've posted - great to see your smiling faces! congrats megs! :)

    ReplyDelete