Tuesday, May 3, 2011

27 weeks - going fast!




I am officially now in the third trimester!  The weeks seem to be speeding up...if that's even possible!  I think time is flying by because we have a lot of other excitements that are nearing: end of my last externship is next Monday, awards banquet before graduation, my graduation from Optometry School, Brian's end to his 3rd year at Altruria!  We will then be heading back to Iowa on the 7th or 8th of June and spending about 2 weeks there before we head back home to Memphis.  I start my residency on July 1st, so finding time to travel back to Iowa for the next year might be hard to come by.  As you can see from the above picture, we have the crib put together and in place in Baby Pete's room.  We have yet to decorate the wall behind his crib - looking a little bare at the moment!

Baby Facts for the week:
Baby Pete is still the size of an eggplant.  He weighs a little over 2 pounds and measures from head to toe about 15 inches!  He can be compared to a small pot roast.  He has more taste buds right now then he will have at birth, so he can taste the difference in the amniotic fluid when I eat different foods - he might even react to certain foods by hiccuping or kicking.  So far, I don't think I have felt him hiccup yet!



We were at the Grizzlies game on Friday night to witness them beat the Spurs, the No. 1 seeded team in the conference - 4 games to 2.  These playoff games have been a pretty amazing experience for us and the city!  Brian wanted to take this picture for my Dad!  My dad is a big fan of Beale Street and their "Beale Big Ass Beers."  Beale Street is directly behind Brian in this picture.  This picture was taken a few hours before Friday night's game and after the game, the street was packed shoulder to shoulder!! 



I took this picture from our seats right after the Grizzlies secured the win to end the first series!

No comments:

Post a Comment