Thursday, June 16, 2011

33 weeks! 7 to go!


We are already 33 (and a half...whoops!  Sorry it took so long to update!) weeks already!  We have been in Iowa for the past week and are having a great time!  The cooler weather has been a nice change for us.  My mom and sisters put a baby shower together for me and we got tons of great gifts!  Baby Pete is such a lucky little guy already!  We also had Peyton's baptism (Alison and Todd's baby) this past weekend - I am fortunate to be her godmother :)  We are having a wonderful time so far visiting with family and friends!  We are heading up to Spirit Lake tomorrow and are looking forward to spending time with Brian's mom, Kenny, Kim, and Carter.

I am still feeling really good.  Sleeping at night is becoming more of a challenge.  Laying on my back is no longer comfortable, so I am continually waking up and flipping over from side to side.  My feet and hands have started to swell a bit - they don't hurt - just look like hooves, as my sister Alison would put it best :).  Baby Pete is still very active and I like that.  I think I will miss all his movement the most after I'm done being pregnant.  Brian says I will still get to feel movement, it will just be him kicking me from the outside!  Ha!

Baby Facts:
Baby Pete is now the size of a honeydew!!  He will now be gaining about a 1/2 pound per week.  He is currently roughly 4 1/2 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long.  This week he will likely grow a whole inch.  He will possibly double his weight by delivery day!  Antibodies are being passed from me and him as he begins to develop his own immune system.

We hope you are all having a great summer so far!
Love, The Petersens

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the update and seeing your cute belly and the fact that you are at your parents house. :) I miss you terribly. Let's catch up soon (but after I finish a huge project for work that is due Monday). Enjoy Spirit Lake!!! Tell Brian and baby Pete hello.

    ReplyDelete