Hello Everyone! 34 weeks along and still going pretty strong! We were in Spirit Lake this past weekend and had a wonderful time! We leave for Des Moines today to spend the evening with Adam and Lindsay and then we are headed home for Memphis tomorrow morning (Wednesday). We have really enjoyed our time in Iowa, but are excited to get home and get back into a routine. Living out of a suitcase is only fun for so long. I can't believe that the next time we come back to Iowa, we will be bringing another member of the family with us! Yay!
Baby Facts:
Baby Pete is still the size of a honeydew. Weighing in at about 5 pounds and is about 20 inches long. Interesting fact relating to baby boys (maybe too much information for some of you, but I found it interesting...) - During week 34 his testicles made their way down from his abdomen to their final destination, his scrotum. Some day he may be embarrassed that I talked about his testicles in my blog!! HA! Also, his tiny fingernails have reached the tip of his fingers. Music that he hears while in the womb now, he will recognize and be soothed by the same music once he is born. I'm trying to get Brian to sing lullabies to him at night...since most of you how much he likes to sing and how good he is at it!! Haha! He also urinates about a pint a day!! That explains why my bathroom visits have all of a sudden doubled in the last couple weeks!
Brian has the rest of June and all of July off and I start my residency program July 1st! Brian is really hoping Baby Pete comes before he goes back to work, which is inconveniently the baby's due date! Some good news...I found out that I passed my final part (part 3) of my board exams that I took the first weekend in April! Now I just need to complete the process of applying for a TN optometric license and I can do everyone's eye exams :)
Have a great week! Love, The Petersens

ooooo! who is your photographer? :) nice pic! it was AWESOME spending time with you guys these last few weeks! i am sooo glad it worked out :) travel safely home - and we'll miss you! but cant wait to meet baby pete!
ReplyDelete