32 weeks down and it's getting HOT here in Memphis! The past 2 weeks have constantly been in the high 90's and sometimes even in the 100's with no rain or anything to give us some relief! I am looking forward to our 2 weeks in Iowa starting tomorrow - the weather will be in the 70's and I can't wait!!!
We had our all day birthing class on Saturday and I'm not sure if it has me more prepared or scared for the big day! We watched a couple live birth videos and I know the look on my face was pure terror! I had to close my eyes during the episiotomy video - that is what I'm afraid of the most!!! No need to go into any more details...I'm sure I have some of you cringing at the thought already! I'm sure the day of delivery will go great! :)
We had our 32-week appointment with Dr. Tinker today and everything is still going great! Baby Pete's heart rate was 155 bpm. By feeling around on my belly he can tell that the growth is right on target. For the past couple weeks he has been getting hiccups about 4 times a day - apparently that is normal! He is still moving around like crazy - I think we are going to have a very active little boy!!
Baby Facts:
Baby Pete is still the size of a sqaush according to thebump.com. He weighs about 4 pounds and is about 19 inches in length. His skin is no longer transparent - as more and more fat has accumulated, it is now opaque like ours! His bones are also in the process of ossifying, so his kicking will get stronger as his bones get harder! Wonderful - ha!
Brian surprised me with tickets to the Michael Buble concert this past weekend! I have been wanting to go to one of his concerts for the longest time!! It was AMAZING! If you like his music, I highly recommend going to his concert! He has a great sense of humor and likes to make the crowd laugh. Brian went along with me just to be a good husband, but I caught him laughing, smiling, taking pictures and videos throughout the entire concert! We both really enjoyed it!
Brian ran in the Navy 10-Nautical Mile Race this past Sunday morning (about 11.5 miles) at the Navy Base in Millington, TN. He finished 11th overall out of about 700 runners and got 2nd place in his age group. I was very proud of him! This picture is of him running into the finish line.
Here is a picture of the top 3 runners in the men's 25-29 age group - Brian is in the white shirt.
Well that's all for this week! We look forward to seeing as many friends and family as we can while we are back in Iowa! Love, The Petersens




No comments:
Post a Comment