5 more weeks seems so crazy and not far off at all!! I start my residency this coming friday, so I will be staying busy (in the air conditioning - thank goodness!) and hopefully that will take my mind off the pregnancy a little bit. Brian and I are both very anxious to meet our little one, but know that he will come when he is ready. We hope he is ready around July 25th or so :) We had a wonderful time in Iowa and hopefully we will be able to go back in December for Christmas.
Baby Facts:
Baby Pete is still the size of a honeydew, weighing in at about 5 1/2 pounds and measuring 20 1/4 inches long. He has pretty much reached his full length and is now just packing on the pounds. One of my sources says he will gain about 1 more pound of fat before delivery. He is currently about 15% body fat and will reach about 30% by his delivery. At our last doctor appointment on June 23rd, his body position was head down and butt up. He has been in that same position for the last 3 appointments so hopefully he will remain in that position.
He is still moving around and kicking like crazy! No shots to the ribs yet (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!). I have had one Braxton-Hicks contraction, but that was about 2 weeks ago. Our next appointment with Dr. Tinker is Wednesday, July 6th - we then start seeing him every week. I will update the blog every Wednesday evening from now on after each of my appointments. Also, the swelling in my feet, ankles, and fingers has gone down!! I am able to wear my wedding ring again and my sandals don't leave strap marks across my feet!! Woohoo!!
Have a great week! Love, Brian & Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment