Saturday, July 16, 2011

37 Weeks and 3 to go!


3 weeks left until the due date!  Hard to believe!  Notice Brian in the mirror of this picture giving everyone a thumbs up!  I am really late at getting this week's post up!  I had my first full week of work and I am putting in some LONG days!  It has been great so far and I'm learning a lot!  I also got my first real paycheck this past Friday, so Brian and I had to go out to dinner last night to celebrate!  Brian is getting anxious to get back to work.  He was in his classroom this week getting things ready to go for this upcoming year.  He has 2 more weeks of freedom!  He is curious what this year's class will be like.

Our last doctor appointment went really well.  Baby's heartbeat was a strong 145 bpm.  Last week I was 30% effaced and this week I was a fingertip dilated!  The trend in the Bormann family is to stay a fingertip dilated until they have to induce, but I'm hoping to break that trend!!  The relaxin hormone is kicking in and all my upper leg/groin muscles are very sore!  I am definitely developing a waddle!  Our next appointment is Wednesday, July 20th.  I will do my best to get the blog updated following that appointment!!

Baby Facts:
Baby Pete is now the size of a watermelon...whoa!  He is now considered "full-term," which is music to my ears!!  He is averaging about 6 1/2 pounds and is gaining about a half pound per week.  His length is about 21 inches long.  He is continuing to put on fat all around his body.  He is also practicing: inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, sucking on his thumb, blinking, and pivoting from side to side.

PS...
A BIG Happy Birthday to Brian's mom, Glori, she turned 50 years old yesterday!!!  We wish we could have been there to celebrate with you ;)

Have a great weekend everyone and I will write again on Wednesday!!
Love, Brian & Megan

3 comments:

  1. A WATERMELON!! Whoa! I wish I could see your waddle...thanks Brian for the thumbs up. Thinking of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three weeks to go and full-term! Way to go Megan. Congrats on the paycheck as well. It's awesome Brian is excited for school to start...wish I could say the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic, Bri! :) And megs - you are still looking great! JEALOUS! lol. So excited for you guys ... I can't believe baby P is almost here!!!

    ReplyDelete