Wednesday, July 20, 2011

38 weeks..and I'm ready to go!!


38 weeks and I'm praying this little boy comes sooner than later!!  This week's picture is in our parking lot, right as we were headed to our car to go to our doctor's appointment.  Thank goodness for work (I never thought I'd say that!)...it takes my mind off my aches and pains during the day and then I'm uncomfortable the second I get home and sit on the couch!  I definitely try to keep myself busy.  Any advice for back aches would be much appreciated!  Brian tells me I'm doing really well with not complaining...he might just be being nice :)

Dr. appt today went well.  Baby's heart rate was 140 bpm.  I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  He told us we are making progress and to not be discouraged!  Our next appointment is Wednesday, July 27th at 3:15.  Expect another update following that appointment!

Baby Facts:
Baby Pete is still the size of a watermelon (I think that will be the largest fruit used!).  He is averaging about 7 pounds and 21 inches long.  He is working at shedding the hair on his skin, lanugo, and producing more surfactant to prevent the air sacs in his lungs from sticking together when he beings breathing on his own.

Another birthday to mention...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Steve Petersen, Brian's dad!!  He turned 51 today!!!!

Hopefully Baby Pete will be born in July so he can join all of the July babies in our family -- Brian, Me, Lindsay (obviously), my dad, Casey (my niece), Brian's mom, and Brian's dad!!!  Hope I didn't leave anyone out!

Have a great rest of the week!  Love, The Petersens

No comments:

Post a Comment