Wednesday, July 6, 2011

36 weeks...only 4 left!


We had our 36 week appointment this afternoon and I am 30% effaced (not dilated).  Baby is still head down and rear end up.  His heart rate was right at 150 bpm.  Everything is still looking good so far!  I'm starting to get more and more uncomfortable as the weeks progress.  Finding a comfortable position at night is my biggest challenge!  My residency has officially started and I'm LOVING it so far!!  It's nice to be out of the house during the day because it takes my mind off the pregnancy and I tend to forget about how uncomfortable I am.  Brian is enjoying his summer so far - he goes back to work August 1st (which unfortunately is our due date) - he is praying the baby decides to come early!

Funny story: We were in Target last week and a little girl (maybe 3 or 4 years old) pointed at me and said "fat belly" really loud.  Her mother was really embarrassed and apologetic even though I didn't mind.  Her mom tried to explain to her that I was going to be having a baby.  It was pretty cute!

Baby Facts:
Not much new to talk about here.  He is still the size of a honey dew and his job right now is to simply gain weight.  According to online and book sources he is about 6 lbs and 20 3/4 inches long.  We will see how accurate these estimations are when he actually comes!

Have a great rest of the week!  I will send out another update next Wednesday after our next appointment!  Brian & Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment